PIER21: Tackling Online Child Sexual Abuse: A focus on offenders and protecting childrenEvents — Conference Online
29 June 2021, 10:00
JOIN US FOR PIER21: Tackling Online Child Sexual Abuse Conference: A focus on offenders and protecting children
Jointly hosted by The Policing Institute for the Eastern Region and CC Simon Bailey, PIER21 will be held online on Tuesday 29 June and Wednesday 30 June. We will bring together leading researchers to present the most up-to-date research and evidence in the investigation and prevention of online CSA with an important focus on implications for improving our collective response – not just in terms of investigation, but also prevention through education, intervention and awareness.
The conference coincides with Simon Bailey’s last two days in post as NPCC Lead for Child Protection and he will take the opportunity to share with delegates his reflections and observations about what has been achieved to date and what the challenges are for the future.
Confirmed speakers for the conference include:
- Robert Jones, NCA
- Professor Mark de Rond, Cambridge University
- Professor Sarah Brown, University of the West of England
- Professor Peter Lee, University of Portsmouth
- Katherine Stewart, The Economist Intelligence Unit
- Professor Heather M. Moulden, McMaster University, Canada
- Professor Rachel Armitage, Huddersfield University
- Dr Nadia Wager, Huddersfield University
- Professor Ethel Quayle, Queens University
- Donald Findlater, Lucy Faithfull Foundation
Registration to the conference will provide you with:
- Access to recorded sessions post-event
- Ability to connect one-on-one with other delegates via chat function
- Business card drop function for more information from sponsors
- Access to networking opportunities
- Access to the online exhibition hall
- Access to all online presentations for up to two weeks post event
The cost for two days is £85 per person offering real value for two days to hear from leading academics in the field and law enforcement colleagues who are leading the response to this threat.
There is also an option to book for just one day, at a cost of £50 per person. We also have a new offer which gives 25% discount on new bookings over four people. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to take advantage of the multiple booking discount.
Event contact: email@example.com